Monday, December 13, 2010

Publication Ad

This assignment for my digital file preparation class was to design a set of advertisements for a magazine publication. One was to be a full page advertisement and the other a partial page advertisement. The idea of this assignment was that it would contain mostly large images and little text. The specifications for the files were based off those provided by a magazine of our choice. I used the specifications of Ms. Magazine which are shown here:


Based on this magazines specifications, my full page ad would be 8" x 10.75", with a 0.25" bleed and a safe area of 7.5" x 10.25". I also decided to do a 1/3 page ad which would be 2.25" x 9.75" with no bleed. Here are the thumbnails and roughs:




I used images from the PSU server to design ads to attract vacationers to Hawaii. The final pieces are below:

The 1/3 page ad

The full page ad

No comments:

Post a Comment